We have experience of working with a range of professional advisers, trustees and corporates on contentious trust and pension related disputes.
In view of the importance and complexity of pension related litigation, we work with clients to try and avoid the time and expense of litigation. We understand that economic turmoil has a huge impact on pension funds and can lead to pressure on corporates and members of the schemes. Pensions disputes are typically handled by a partner with specialist knowledge together with experienced junior lawyers and Counsel.
We help clients using our particular expertise in relation to:
- Assisting with matters covering analysis of scope of powers and breaches of fiduciary duty by Trustees.
- Advising on pension scheme liabilities in relation to insolvent companies and PPF.
- Advising on professional negligence claims against former advisers and Trustees.
- Applications for rectification for mistake.
- Wrongful trading concerns arising from pension schemes.
- Contentious applications where independent advice is required for a Representative Beneficiary
- Part 8 Claims in relation to Trustee Powers
- Assistance to directors and companies in relation to investigations led by a regulator
We have the expertise to assist clients with all kinds of pensions disputes, advising on many difficult cases where court proceedings become necessary.
“Dipti Hunter…. is smart, tough and widely experienced. She has litigated all sorts of disputes (with all sorts of interim applications) in all sorts of different jurisdictions. There’s nothing she can’t handle.”
“Dipti Hunter is an exceptionally tenacious litigator who leaves no stone unturned.”
“Dipti Hunter has the mental agility to administer large commercial matters of significant complexity. A real interest in commercial and banking law. A superb team leader of the sort that is vital in a commercial matter of any scale. A loyal team player who is unrelenting in the service of her clients.”
Meet our specialist team: Pension and Trusts Litigation
Our lawyers are members of the following professional associations:
News & Insights: Pension and Trusts Litigation
We take pride in not being the same as every other City law firm. We use our differences to make a big difference to you and your business.