We have substantial insolvency and restructuring expertise, with a particular focus on contentious insolvency.
Our expertise includes:
- Acting in respect of a variety of litigation arising out of the Insolvency Act 1986 and Companies Act 2006, including antecedent transactions (undervalue, defrauding creditors and preferences), misfeasance claims, wrongful and fraudulent trading claims.
- Acting for insolvency practitioners in cases of fraud and asset recovery, professional negligence, banking and financial services claims and arbitrations.
- Acting in respect of procedural applications arising out of insolvency, including applications for directions and applications in respect of office holder remuneration and defective appointments.
- Acting in the appointment of administrators (both in and out of court) by directors and qualified floating charge holders.
- Acting on applications by creditors to appoint administrators, or on petitions to wind up companies or bankrupt individuals.
- Arranging and providing independent legal advice on the funding of litigation arising out of insolvency.
- Acting for bond holders and other lenders or creditors in respect of contested restructuring either pursuant to intercreditor agreements or via statutory process such as restructuring plans, schemes of arrangement or voluntary arrangements.
- Acting for formerly high net worth individuals, their family members or associates in respect of bankruptcy and other personal insolvency.
We represent and advise a variety of stakeholders in the insolvency process, from institutional and trade creditors and employees through to directors, shareholders and insolvency practitioners and individual high net worth debtors. We are regularly instructed prior to a formal insolvency event in order to advise on the best strategic outcome to the issues posed by financial distress of our clients or those in whom our clients have a vested interest.
Where necessary, we work closely with our network of insolvency practitioners to ensure that outcomes focused solutions are developed to maximise our client’s realisations (if acting for creditors) and/or mitigate the effect on our client (if acting for debtors). This can involve the appointment of an office holder and/or the proposal of other restructuring processes, such as voluntary arrangements.
“Marc Keidan is a force of nature: irrepressibly energetic; absolutely determined to find the right strategic solution; hugely client focused and ever sensitive to the client's commercial (and cost) needs. He is also hugely knowledgeable about misselling claims against banks.”
“Luke Harrison is a first class tactician, always obtains the best result for his clients. He is incredibly hard working and seems to never run out of energy”
“Marc Keidan is a charming and charismatic partner. He inspires confidence in his clients.”
“Luke Harrison is very insightful and has an ability to read into what the other side are thinking, and he has an uncanny ability to know how they will react. He has a fine analytical mind and he is highly respected amongst his peers.”
“Marc Keidan - truly experienced, fearless and fantastic to work with.”
“I am always amazed and impressed by Luke Harrison's energy and enthusiasm in respect of each and every case. He always has time for both clients and counsel and always goes the extra mile.”
“Marc Keidan is well known for knowing pretty much everything that is going on in the litigation arena at any one time. He is a real brain box. He is pragmatic and extremely bright.”
“Luke Harrison is an inspirational leader and very well known in the market and admired for what he has done.”
Meet our specialist team: Insolvency and Restructuring
Our lawyers are members of the following professional associations: