We are adept at designing pragmatic and novel strategies that best suit our clients’ legal, commercial and strategic positions. Our expertise includes:
- Acting for and against parties in freezing injunction applications, including applications to support litigation and arbitration in foreign jurisdictions.
- Acting for and against parties in search and seizure applications and dawn raids, including applications seeking digital imaging orders.
- Acting in applications for Norwich Pharmacal Orders and non-cause of action freezing orders against third parties to obtain information to assist in the asset recovery process.
- Applications made under the Insolvency Act 1986 for the appointment of provisional liquidators and administrators in cases where fraud is suspected and the company is believed to be insolvent.
- Claims seeking damages and/or proprietary relief arising out of fraud, corruption and bribery. These actions often involve claims brought for economic torts or conspiracy.
Our work often deals with fraud claims across borders. We are used to working with select firms in jurisdictions across the world in order to provide our clients with a seamless service.
We also work with other professionals such as IT experts, investigators and forensic accountants in order to obtain the evidence required to design strategies and succeed in court. Some of our work in this field involves cases where there are multiple parties to the claim with a view to maximising the targets against whom recovery can be made.
We have experience in bringing fraud claims against banks in substantial and sometimes high-profile claims where other firms are precluded from acting due to conflicts of interest. We act in cases involving cyber fraud where swift and focused action can result in the preservation of assets that would otherwise be dissipated. We are accustomed to dealing with fraud in the context of insolvency of corporates, as well as cases where criminal and civil issues intersect.
Our lawyers are members of the following professional associations: